Before Your First Appointment
- We ask that you please sign a Medical Release Form. This will allow us to obtain your records from your previous physician. By having these records prior to your initial visit, we will be able to provide you much better care. Please drop by and sign the Medical Release Form in our office.
- Submit Insurance Information. We can do the best job in taking care of you financially if you are able to bring by your insurance cards prior to your initial appointment. This will give our billing office time to verify your insurance to and insure that services provided will be covered.
If you do not have insurance, this will give our office the chance to talk with you about our discounted sliding scale option and give you the paperwork needed to get you enrolled in this plan prior to your first appointment. Patients enrolled in our sliding scale program receive physician services at a discounted rate determined by household income and number of individuals in the house.
- Please bring all pill bottles for review by your nurse and physician.
If you have any other questions about your first appointment at Cahaba Medical Care, call 205-926-2992.
- Cahaba Medical Care does see walk-in patients for sick visits. We try to accommodate everyone and offer you a visit within that calendar day if needed. However, unless it is emergent, you will be asked to wait until the next available appointment as patients with scheduled appointments will be seen first. Also, if you are walking in, you may not be able to see your primary doctor but may instead have to see one of his or her partners, depending on which physicians are in the office and seeing patients on that particular day.
School Physical / Sports Physicals
- CMC does perform yearly school / sports physicals. We use these appointments to not only clear a patient for school attendance / sports participation, but to also verify that he or she is up to date on all immunizations and other health maintenance measures.
- If you would like to be seen at CMC for a sports / school physical, we ask that you first call to schedule an appointment. You do not have to be an established patient at our clinic to be seen for a physical, but if you are not, please have your insurance card available when you call to make an appointment so that the billing office has time to verify your insurance and ensure that your office visit will be paid for by your specific insurance. If you do not have insurance, you can still be seen for a school / sports physical, but you will be asked to pay a fee at the time of service.
- At the time of your physical, please bring your updated blue card with you to the appointment.
- If you need an immunization form ("blue card"), you may call or come in to the office and request an immunization form. Once you have submitted your request, the blue card will be ready for you to pick up within 72 hours.
Forms / Paperwork
- CMC will be more than happy to assist you with any paperwork that need to be completed that affects your medical care. Please be aware that we will need a minimum of three working days to get your paperwork completed and signed before you will be able to pick it up. Some paperwork, including motorized wheelchair / scooter evaluations, disability forms, and other forms that require an office visit, office notes, and more time from the physician and staff, may require more than three days. If you have any questions about when your paperwork will be completed, please call 205-926-2992.
Tornado Warnings / School Closures
- In the event of most bad weather conditions, Cahaba Medical Care will stay open operating under normal office hours. However, in the case of severe weather or a tornado warning, the office will close for the safety of the patients and staff.
- Cahaba Medical Care is open Monday - Thursday from 8 A.M. - 6 P.M. and Friday from 8 A.M. - 4 P.M. Woodstock Family Medicine is open Monday, Tuesday, Thursdays, and Friday from 8 A.M. - 5 P.M., and Wednesday from 8 A.M. - 1 P.M. If you are more than 30 minutes late for your appointment, we will make our best effort to work you back into the schedule, but you may be asked to reschedule your appointment for another day. Always call if you see that you will not be able to make your appointment time and we may be able to reschedule your appointment for a later time.
Old Medical Records / Record Releases
- If you are transferring your care from another facility to Cahaba Medical Care or Woodstock Family Medicine, please first come to the office and sign a record release form. We need to obtain all of your previous medical records for our physicians to review before seeing you for your initial appointment in order to be able to provide you with the safest and highest quality of care. After you sign the release, we will then fax it to your previous physician's office. Once we obtain your old medical records, our office will then call you to set up your initial appointment. This process, depending on the physician's office, can take anywhere from a few days to a few weeks.
If you are an established patient at our facility and have recently seen another physician, been seen in the ER, or been admitted to the hospital, we will need records in order to best care for you based on what happened during these other medical visits. So, you will need to sign a release form for every facility you have been seen at for the physicians to review to help them best care for you moving forward.